Sunday, August 9, 2009

Fun family and baseball...

LesLee and her fam came to visit this week. Her girls have gotten so big. We always have such a fun time when she's here and keep REALLY busy. Of course my sickness with having to attend EVERY baseball game didn't help with my exhaustion this week. But anyway, a brief run down. They arrived on Wednesday afternoon and came over with Lori, Kaylee and Trent and we visited while the kids played in the toy room (where Lilli was extremely disappointed in our lack of dragon toys). They left around 4:30 that afternoon and after scarfing down a quick dinner I met up with all of them (+ Kesha and boys) for some fun at the hotel pool. I had to bail on that a little early to catch my baseball game. It was "paint the park pink" night for breast cancer awareness. They were actioning off the special navy/hot pink sweaty jersey's they guys played in that night... which I got outbid on the one I wanted, but was given the opportunity for a better one, which I'll have to explain at some other time :)

Thursday we met up with LesLee & fam, Lori & fam, Kesha+ boys, Aunt Karen and Jon & had dinner at Pirate Island Pizza. Thank Jebus for the arcade because the place was packed and the food took FOREVER. The kids played in the arcade with Derek, Josh, Patrick and McKenna while the rest of us sat around the table catching up while we waited the hour+ (no joke) for our food. Of course my boys had the night off that night so there was no rush for the baseball game and no reason for me to have to choose between the two events (I know, told ya, it's sad).

Friday Derek headed up North with the girls, Josh headed up North with Kaylee which left Lori & LesLee with just sweet baby Trent and wide open for a girls day. They picked me up and we headed out to Capriotti's for lunch (because they are evil whores like that), then we went to Roberts to pick up some flowers and stuff for LesLee to make her girls some bows. Somehow we ended up at the mall shopping and holy crap, I haven't laughed as hard as I did in that dressing room in a long time. Yeah, all three of us Lori, LesLee & Me (holding baby Trent who REFUSED to sleep longer than 10 mintues all day) were crammed into a dressing room while they tried on clothes. LesLee's belly dance in the fuchsia skirt and G's will be stuck in my head for months to come. There were plenty of "OMG did I just pee a little" laughing spurts (including the one when the sales lady came to check to see if we needed any other sizes... while Les frantically shook her head no with a look of horror on her face). Had to be there moments, but I'm the only one who reads this thing anyway so it doesn't matter :) We made it home from the mall with just enough time for me to change out of the Virginia Tech dress I wore (because I failed to notice before I left the house just HOW MUCH too big that shirt had become) and race off to the baseball game. As soon as the game ended I jumped back into my car and raced back to Lori's house for the Toes, Bows and Hoes girl night which I had already missed half of, but got there just in time for the good suffocation stories and Hungry Howie's Pizza (see... dirty whores I tell ya!! Pizza!!)

Saturday I got up at the ass crack of dawn (7:30 to the rest of the world... okay 8) to shave my legs before stuffing them into a bathing suit for a day at the lake with Lori, Les and Julie. We had a great time at the launch and then swimming until late afternoon. On the way home we stopped for ice cream (dirty whores) and it was gooooood. I was so sad to hug Les goodbye so I just dropped into my regular denial and told her I would see her tomorrow :) It's just easier that way. Had a great time visiting with her though and wish we could get her to move down here. I think we make a little more progress every time she visits... at this rate we might have her down here by the time Lacey graduates from high school.

And of course some pictures... Les has more than I do so I'll try to get some from her later :)




1 comments:

Annie Singler said...

I READ YOUR BLOG!!! Love it eventhough your stories and pics make me homesick and jealous.